Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rob McConnell

The recent death of Rob McConnell inspired me to head to the video closet and dig out some old VHS tapes I had. McConnell, of course, is best known for his Grammy Award-winning big band, the Boss Brass. What I've got for you is two clips from a Canadian all-star show at Otter Crest, Oregon, in May of 1989. McConnell, always the funnyman as well as brilliant musician, is in full force here both comedically as well as musically.

The line-up consists of McConnell on valve trombone, Fraser MacPherson on tenor sax, Ed Bickert on guitar, Oliver Jones on piano, Don Thompson on bass, and Terry Clarke on drums.

I've got more footage from that festival from other groups that I'll be putting up in the weeks to come.

"How Deep Is The Ocean?"


"Crazy Rhythm"

No comments:

Post a Comment